Monday, September 20, 2010

we bought a house!

On Saturday, a bid Jon and I put on a house was accepted!  We are so excited and, to be honest, a little surprised.  We thought it would be a while longer before we were able to have a house but God changed our circumstances and it's possible now.  As I sit here in my apartment, I can't help but be so grateful for what God has given us so far.  The apartment we have been in has been such a blessing and has felt so much like home.  It will be nice to be in a house soon so Owen doesn't have to share a room with us anymore and so we can have more people over.  
The amazing thing about all of this is God answered every prayer I had for a house - even meeting a desire I had for a porch, even though that wasn't a necessity.  Before going house shopping, I made a list of prayer requests.  Things that were important to us was location between Grand View and Windsor Heights and easy access to the highway since Jon will be back and forth to many spots in Des Moines.  The one we put a bid on wasn't even on the list the day we went looking but we drove by it and called to see if we could get a showing that day.  The location is awesome.  I don't know what the neighborhood is called but it's at 35th and Iola (2 blocks south of Kingman).  So kind of the drake neighborhood, kind of the woodland neighborhood.  I don't really know.  But it's easy to get to and I feel safe in it for little Owie and I.  I've loved seeing God's hand directing us in it.  One thing that is awesome about prayer is that it takes away any need to be nervous.  Jon and I put this house in God's hands and so we can trust that this was the right decision.  Finally, I want to put a word in for our awesome realtor, Jason Rude.  He did a great job with everything and even made a sheet with a clip board for me to take notes on!  I loved it!

Here are some pictures.



Do you have any of these items??
Since we're moving to a bigger place, there are some things that would be nice to have to fill the space.  I've started searching on craigs list and hope to go to garage sales.  My cousin had a great idea to mention on the blog of any items on searching for.  Then if any of you are trying to get rid of something or would want to sell it to us you can let us know.  A few of these things we may want to buy new anyway but it doesn't hurt to ask!  Here is what I know of so far:

washer and dryer
patio furniture
a grill
a curtain rod long enough to go above french doors
standard window size curtain rods
a large area rug for the living room
couches, love seats, chairs, etc. 
end tables
2-4 dining table chairs
sturdy bookshelves
a stool

2 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS!!! What exciting news! And what a wonderful answer to prayer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!!! You can have the couch in the garage

    ReplyDelete