Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Fall Baking

One day at church the refreshments were pumpkin muffins from Great Harvest Bread company.  Ever since then I have been craving them.  My good friend Shaly makes delicious ones so we tried out her recipe this week

~ and ~

I let Owen help me.

Needless to say there was flour & sugar everywhere; I also decided he didn't get to help with the egg & pumpkin part.  But we still had fun with our first mother-son baking time!

I was also relieved when Parents Magazine made the claim that "healthier baked goods" is one of the top 20 snacks for toddlers.  I thought I was justifying letting Owen eating the muffins because of the pumpkin but apparently its a good choice!  (At least according to them.)




Tuesdays are our family days.  I love getting to spend time together all four of us.  Isn't this picture so sweet with Jon & the two kids looking so comfy cozy with each other... and it captured Eden's precious smile.

One night, Eden was sitting in the chair & Owen wanted to join her for a picture.  He is such a great brother!

Finally, I'll leave you with a picture showing one of Owen's favorite spots in the house.  What a goof!  This is also why we had to rearrange our furniture upstairs... there was a couch right by the ledge.  It'll be interesting to watch as Eden grows up to see if she has as much energy & a love for climbing like Owen.


2 comments:

  1. your little family is growing so fast! That was the first time ive seen eden smile :) and owen is cooking now?! that is so adorable! i miss you all soo much :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Owen seems to be such a good big brother! And Eden's smile is so sweet!!!

    ReplyDelete