Saturday, July 3, 2010

I love Summer!

Fourth of July weekend is always one of my favorite holidays. It's possible that I feel this way because my birthday is the 5th of July and when I was little that meant a long, fun weekend that feels like an extended celebration of my birthday. But, honestly, who doesn't like the fourth of July weekend? Growing up, most of the time we went to the Ozarks with most of the extended family on my dad's side. We would have a wild time tubing, skiing, swimming, eating cheese dip, more boating, camp fires. I love going to the Ozarks with my family. The past few summers I've been tempted to be slightly bummed by not being with them. However, although I would love to be at the Ozarks, I am thrilled that we will get to join them in August and loving what we've been able to do so far this weekend.

On Friday, we had two weddings to celebrate! This summer there are so many weddings of people within our church. Something that is always pretty amazing is hearing during the sermons how God brought each couple together. Last night we went The Ramsey Wedding and The Jerome Wedding Reception. While we were at the Ramsey Wedding, we got to see Kayla, Kerry, Oakley and Emerson Poucher. The Poucher twins were born not to long after Owen. It is always fun to see them and it is always great to talk to Kayla about what she is learning and how she's doing. I am thankful for her friendship and that we have gotten to share life experiences together this past year.

Today, we had a fun day in the sun playing softball in the church softball league. This has been another common fourth of July weekend activity. If we weren't at the lake growing up, it was because one of us had a softball tournament. Softball in the summertime is also one of my favorite childhood activities! Today, my dad the coach, would have been proud of my hits and a little disappointed in my fielding. You would think after playing so many years I would know how to get my bottom down to field the ball. Oh well. Our team won the first game and lost the second. I got traded for the first game and played with West Town. I loved getting to hang out with some friends I don't get to see often. Owen had fun playing with Colleen and Payton.

This is a picture of Owen in an outfit that reminded me of Jon - so I threw on the twins hat to complete the outfit. What do you think... does he look like Jon or me?

Here are two pictures just for fun - a cute one of him smiling and one of Owen's most common activities eating his fists.

1 comment: