Wednesday, April 27, 2011

birthday boy PHOTOS!

Owen's birthday celebration lasted a few days thanks to a cupcake surprise a few days early from my grandparents and a weekend celebration with my family.  It's too bad he won't even remember it!  The last few days of his "babyhood" were spent in Kansas City with Carla & Kaisa (more on that trip another day).  We (well, more like I) sentimentally cherished his last bottle along with his last bit of formula for his bedtime bottle on Thursday and then excitedly gave him milk in his sippy on his birthday.  Even though it was rainy on his big day, getting drenched wasn't going to stop me from turning his carseat around to face the front.  I don't think he cared as much as I did - but I am so excited to see him while I drive.  For his birthday, he got many different types of balls - golf balls, tennis balls, a baseball & bat, a football, a soccer ball & a basketball.  He has enjoyed them so much that he started saying "ball" this past week!  



These were my favorites that Liz VanderSchel took before & during Owen's birthday party.  






Celebrating with Owen's Great-grandparents in KC



I like this one because when Owen finished his cupcake he went to go finish Kaisa's for her!

Clean up!



Celebration with Friends


The cakes were made by Megan Griffith and they were DELICIOUS!  Here is a link to her blog showing off some of her other cakes.

He was uncharacteristically shy and unsure of himself during the "Happy Birthday" song.

Mmm... yummy fondant polka dots!

Party with the Tickles




No comments:

Post a Comment