Tuesday, May 3, 2011

finishing the basement

On Thursday, our dear friend Carol moved in!  We are so excited to have her as a roommate.  Jon, along with the help of friends and family, has been hard at work finishing part of the basement.  In a few weeks it should be done.  They have been cutting holes in cement, redoing and adding plumbing, putting in an egress window and much more.  We have been extremely grateful for the numerous hours and long nights of help from different men in the church and my dad.  I have been floored by the generosity of their time (and their wives for being okay with it!) and with how eager the men are to do a complete and accurate job.  Here are a few pictures that I've taken along the way.  I regret that I didn't get any before the demolition occurred to show how nasty the previous bathroom was.  Hopefully, in a few weeks I'll get to show you pictures of the finished product!




No comments:

Post a Comment