Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Toddlers are bundles of fun!

I don't know what technically makes a kiddo a toddler - turning one or walking - but for fun we'll call Owen a toddler.  Owen, or "Tank" as the boys call him, has so many unique mannerisms.  I love this age so much.  He points at absolutely everything and says "s 'at" which means "what's that?"  He is also always looking out our windows and showing me the dogs that live at our neighbors' houses or the ones that are walking by.  He brings me books and crawls into my lap (which I adore and cherish).  He'll start dancing if you even just say the word "music" (not sure if he has much rhythm... but neither do his parents).  For his birthday he got balls of all kinds - baseball, golf, tennis, football, basketball - and so he has started to learn to throw which basically means he drops it.  But now he is also crawling around the house saying "ball, ball."  He loves Jon and is proving he is all boy by already wrestling with him.  Also, interestingly, when he plays with his cars he makes the "vroom, vroom" sound which neither Jon nor I taught him.  He continues to be a charmer and waves at everyone... however, its also fun because he is started to understand strangers a little because sometimes he'll just stare and give a look that says "who are you?"  Here are a few fun pictures from the beginning of his toddlerhood:
Look mom I can raise my leg!

Owen is so proud of himself for getting to eat snacks by himself!

Recently on our walks he has begun putting his legs above the bar - such a goof! 
Taco night... he's really enjoying the messiness!  The best part was I was wearing a white shirt and didn't know how to get him out without ruining my shirt!


His super cute walrus teeth!

No comments:

Post a Comment