Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Kansas City, Kansas City here I come

A few weeks ago, Owen took his first road trip! We went to Kansas City to celebrate Mandy's graduation from KU and Sandy's graduation from Shawnee Mission Northwest. Mandy is going to begin a job in financial consulting at a firm in Chicago where she will be living right on Michigan Avenue. Sandy is going to begin college at KU seeking a degree in Engineering. We are so proud of both them!

At Mandy's graduation party.

Sandy in her cap and gown.
All of us at the family graduation party for both Mandy and Sandy.

While we were in Kansas City, Owen got to meet so many people very important in my life. I was so thankful to get to go home to introduce him to my friends and family.

Great-Grandma Tickles

Great-Grandma and Grandpa Farmer

Tina and Charlotte with some of the new "men" of the Tickles Clan (Owen, Brandon and Maddox)

London Porter (Rachel's new baby girl)

Lila Kautzi (Kelsey's new baby girl)

Juhi and Ruby


One of the best things about going home this week was how much time I got to spend with my parents and the girls. On Friday night, Jon stayed with Owen and I left him for the longest time yet (6 hours!) to join my mom and sisters for a Carol King/James Taylor concert. Mandy, Sandy and I were among the youngest people there but we had a blast belting out the songs my mom used to make us listen to all of the time growing up.

Just for fun: Mandy changing her first diaper! It took us the whole week to convince her to do it.


The one thing that made all of this possible was Jon and his heart to serve Owen and I. I didn't want to make the first drive with Owen alone, so Jon drove 9 hours on Sunday (there and back) just so we could be there to watch Mandy graduate. He then made the 3 1/2 hour trip again on Wednesday and Saturday. I am so thankful to my amazing husband for loving us in that way!

No comments:

Post a Comment