Saturday, March 20, 2010

des moines baby shower

A few weeks ago the girls in Des Moines hosted a baby shower for baby Juan. I was so thankful to have the support of everyone from church show up. The Grand View girls also made me feel so excited for how loved our son will be. I can't express how wonderful it is to know that Juan is going to have so many people surrounding him as he grows up and "showering" him with God's love.

The set-up from the shower was awesome... I was most impressed with the cupcakes that the VanderSchel women made. Here's a picture of them.


Just as I was thankful for the church family, Jon, Juan and I were blessed by our family that weekend. Sandy and my daddy came up from KC on Saturday and Grandma Maurer and Jon's mama came down from Minnesota Saturday and Sunday. We loved seeing them all! Anne was going to come down too but plans changed and she couldn't because she had to work. We missed seeing her but were glad that she wanted too! Then yesterday, my family surprised me again and we got to see my mama, Mandy, Sandy and Tyler for the day. We really loved getting to see them! Then props to Mandy - they drove home during the random snowfall and it took them 7 hours to get home!


While Jon's family was here they surprised us by taking us out to get a rocker recliner to have for little Juan! We love it and couldn't be more thankful for their generosity. Here is a picture of Jon enjoying the new lazyboy.

2 comments:

  1. jenny, you are beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey, we got the same twins blanket! nice

    We're enjoying the blog and glad to hear you two are getting a chance to enjoy the spring weather together. Blessings and best wishes as you enter the month of April. Much love from Minnie & Target Field!

    ReplyDelete