Monday, March 29, 2010

learning thankfulness

These past few weeks I feel like God has been teaching me a lot about contentment. I was so thankful to have the spring break week to be able to get the apartment ready for baby Juan's arrival. However, the next week when everything was done and ready I was completely restless. That combined with new pregnancy symptoms since Juan dropped (such as swollen feet pictured below) caused me to really want to be done with pregnancy. Each day for about a week was such a battle for joy. Many days I cried (the pregnancy hormones returned) and I had to choose to be thankful for little things. However, since last Thursday I have felt much different. God has been helping me to really enjoy each day. A friend at church on Sunday, reminded me to cherish each day I wake up and remember that I got to sleep through the night. I am thankful that God is patient with me to have a good attitude and helping me to see all that I have to be thankful for. Yesterday I got to go on a walk with Jon and was so excited to be out in the warm weather and enjoy a walk with my husband, maybe one of the last ones alone for a while. Speaking of Jon, we finally got some pictures together.... here they are.


Jon really likes this one...


I think I am going to regret having this picture in here... but here are the swollen feet.

2 comments:

  1. Jenny-
    Love the baby bump! You're adorable!
    Great advice from your friend about enjoying the last days of pregnancy & full nights sleep. :)
    Excited for our boys to play together! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elizabeth SchreinerApril 08, 2010

    Jon & Jenny,
    I miss you two and I can't wait too see baby "Juan".
    Thanks for sharing on this blog!
    Love,
    Cousin Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete